How do I boost my Google rankings?
Good SEO takes time. From link building to acquisition content – a strategic approach to building your online reputation can help boost your Google rankings.
Online search has become a vital part of life with 40,000 searches happening on Google every second. To be in with a chance of catching a slice of the online action – your website needs to rank as high as possible.
If you run a business with an online presence (who doesn’t?) we’ve a few tips on how you can get ahead of your competitors.
- Create captivating content. Quality content will always be a key driver in your Google rankings. Content created with a clear audience in mind, which offers useful information not only gives people a reason to visit your site but keeps them on there. It’s obvious, but the content on your site should reflect your keywords too. Good writing and SEO go hand in hand, one should never be sacrificed for the other, but a strategic approach is needed to get the best from both.
- Get a good back end. Good SEO will always start at home. Is your meta data up to scratch? Site loading as efficiently as possible? Optimised images? User experience is another factor which will contribute to your ranking.
- Link it up. Long gone are the days of buying links and recent Google updates mean those who continue to do so are penalised. Earning links from reputable sites, such as news publications, is a great way to increase your domain authority. From opinion pieces to interviews, sharing content on external sites can reap rewards.
- Move to mobile. Google is changing its approach to rankings to consider mobile first. This means your mobile friendliness will affect your desktop ranking. Having fast-loading, mobile friendly content is going to be a must very soon.
- Be useful. As always, operate with your audience in mind. You need to do more than just appear higher in rankings, you need to earn people’s trust by being relevant. Give them the answer they’re looking for and you can’t go far wrong.
No Comments Yet
You can be the first to comment!
Sorry, comments for this entry are closed at this time.