Tips for budget-friendly and highly effective PR
As an agency that often works on tight budgets, we know how to get cost-effective publicity and keep your brand front of mind.
We’re happy to share a few inside secrets with you, so here’s Cream’s top five tips for budget-friendly and highly effective PR.
- Plan at least 6 months in advance. You’re ready to launch a new product? Flip the calendar and launch summer products in winter and vice versa. Lifestyle magazines often have a 4-5 month lead-in time which means they’re already starting to think about autumn!
- Invest in high quality professional product photography as well as eye-catching lifestyle imagery. You can never have enough amazing photographs. Photos really do sell products. If your budget doesn’t stretch to professional photography, ask your friends and family – you may have a budding photographer in your mist. Plus, there’s always University and College students looking to improve their portfolios.
- Be prepared to give samples away. Bloggers and journalists love samples and they’re essential for review-based PR. Ensure you’ve budgeted for samples and don’t forget postage or courier services. If your product is expensive, consider a loan scheme – this gives the journalist a chance to review the product without the expense of giving it away.
- Many publications publish their editorial calendars online. This is a free resource and helps you see what’s planned for the whole year. It can be a quick route to success – but only give the journalists what they’ve asked for!
- Be exclusive. Don’t offer the same to content to all journalists or bloggers. Be targeted and offer something different to each. Your brand has layer upon layer. Find the right journalist to tell each aspect of your brand story to.
No Comments Yet
You can be the first to comment!
Sorry, comments for this entry are closed at this time.